Friday, September 19, 2008

Book Review: Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy

Quiet Strength: The Principles, Practices, & Priorities of a Winning Life
by Tony Dungy with Nathan Whitaker
Tyndale House Publishers, Inc., 2007

Reviewed by Diane Busch

Loved the book and I don't even watch or follow football. It was so inspiring to read about Coach Dungy's opportunities where he used his faith in God and his spiritual experiences to mentor and teach others, on and off the field. On his way to the top (being a winning Superbowl coach) he had his share of disappointments, struggles, and challenges (including the death of his college-age son). But he always kept his faith in God at the top of his priorities, leading him in his decisions.

From page 261 of this book: Why do bad things happen? I don't know. But I do know that God has the answers, I know He loves me, and I know He has a plan--whether it makes sense to me or not. Rather than asking why, I'm asking what. What can I learn from this? What can I do for God's glory and to help others?

No comments:

Post a Comment