Monday, August 29, 2011

Book Review

In The Company of Others 
(a Father Tim novel)
Viking, Oct., 2010
by Jan Karon

Reviewed by Diane Busch - 8/29/11

If you have read the Mitford series by Jan Karon, then you already know and love Father Tim.  If you are new to these delightful books you can jump right in on this book and not feel like you have missed anything.  (Although, I guarantee that when you are finished, you will want to go back and read every other book in the Mitford and Father Tim series.)   
This delightful book takes place in Ireland.  Father Tim Kavanagh the beloved retired Episcopal priest and his wife, Cynthia are on vacation at a Bed & Breakfast in County Sligo.  Before long there is a mystery that needs solving. The food, the people, the history, and the character of Ireland are woven through every page. I found myself smiling every day as I immersed myself in the story.

No comments:

Post a Comment